- Inline or Transparent mode
- One Arm or Proxy mode
– Inline/Transparent mode cannot be deployed in Active – Active mode with ECMP enabled.
– One Arm/Proxy mode is the option for deploying load balancer functionality when Edge Gateways are deployed in ECMP
One Arm Mode/ Proxy Mode:
- Separate instance of Edge Gateway is deployed for load balancing functionality.
- Edge Gateway uses the single interface which will be the VIP for the servers in the server pool.
- The VIP is in the same subnet as the server pool server’s subnet.
- The logical routers will be the Default Gateway (D.G) for the members in the server pool.